This page last updated 07/4/23 for move to Rally Archives page
Postscript to notate chapter activities which occurred prior to July 4: Chapter hosts Carol and Lou Mandik and attending chapter members enjoyed social hour Saturday afternoon July 1st followed by a Lasagna dinner and after-dinner campfire. On Sunday the group visited two wineries and had dinner together at a local restaurant. On Monday, July 3rd, the group drove to Jim Thorpe, PA for a ride on the Lehigh Valley Gorge Railway.
Deadline to fully execute all steps of registration is prior to June 10, so you must begin at least a week prior.
Our chapter of Tiffin Travelers has been invited to convene with other guest chapters for a rally with the Penn Coachmen. And, we’ll have the opportunity to be on site for several days prior to the start of that Penn Coachmen rally. We’re looking forward to fun times over the 4th of July holiday week.
Here are the nuts and bolts as thorough and brief as they can be presented –
Location and facilities: Raceway Infield Campground full hook-up parking at Pocono Raceway in Long Pond, PA
Dates: Arrive as early as July 1st with probable Tiffin Travelers (TT) socializing July 2nd until July 4th. Our TT members Carol and Lou Mandik will be on point for the TT July 2nd until July 4th activities. Then, on July 5th, you are fully engaged as a participant of the Penn Coachmen rally. There also will be other guest chapters there, so a nice crowd is expected. The Penn Coachmen rally events will run through Saturday, July 7th with grounds departure on Sunday, July 8th.
How to register: Registration requires a few easy steps –
1. Decide upon your desired date of entry to the Raceway Infield Campground and your desired date of departure. Earliest date to arrive is July 1st. Departure is no later than July 8th.
2. Before June 10th, call the Raceway Campground at (570) 646-2300 to reserve your site and make payment to them of $40 per night for a full hookup site. To obtain this rally rate you must tell them you are part of the Penn Coachmen Rally.
3. Click on this link to take you to a printable form to register for the Penn Coachmen rally
Jul Registration.pdf (penncoachmen.org)
4. Fill-in all blanks on the form and follow its directions to write your check payable to Penn Coachmen and mail the completed form and check for Sue Cipa’s receipt prior to June 10.
5. The Penn rally registration fee is $25 per person to be remitted prior to June 10. Check payable to Penn Coachmen. Balance of Penn rally fees, if any and yet to be determined, will be collected by Penn at the rally.
At this point you have completed your site reservation and your registration for the Penn Coachmen rally segment. However, you now need to take care of Tiffin Travelers registration. This part is easier.
6. After completing steps 1-5 above, send an email to email@example.com AND copy firstname.lastname@example.org Carol Mandik and husband Lou are your Tiffin Travelers member hosts during the early arrival dates (prior to July 5th).
a. In the email advise Carol and Tiffin Travelers of your date of arrival to the Raceway Campground.
b. Include the names of persons to be in your coach along with mobile phone numbers and email addresses.
7. After sending the email described in step 6 you are registered to attend any Tiffin Travelers activities that might be put together by your TT on-site hosts – the Mandiks. Any yet-to-be-determined fees for those yet-to-be-determined TT activities will be collected after your arrival.
Penn Coachmen advises they will have a variety of rally activities for the 5th-7th including – seminars, NASCAR ride-alongs, food, games, vendors and social times.
Additionally, the Pocono mountains offer incredible opportunities and attractions including: train rides through the valley; visiting historic Jim Thorpe, PA; hiking and walking trails; wineries; culinary delights; and ATV rentals.
This link will take you to the Penn Coachmen Rally page for this event where you will find routing directions and arrival and check-in instructions. July Rally (penncoachmen.org)
Please address Tiffin Travelers pre-event inquiries to email@example.com