Hilton Head October 2017
This page last updated 10/4/17
Hilton Head Island Motorcoach Resort
133 Arrow Road
Hilton Head Island, SC 29228
Four rally nights beginning October 11, 2017
The resort was open for business just days after Irma passed!
Call to speak to Alex at (843) 785-7699 to reserve your site at this 10/10/10 rated resort. Alex handles site reservations for rallies.
Be sure to mention "Tiffin Travelers Rally" to get our chapter member reduced rate of $54.39 per night (includes taxes).
Non-member site rate may be higher.
Arrive early and/or stay late at this preferred rate
Rally hosts are Don and Debra Beck, email@example.com
Remember to email them of your arrival and departure dates to ensure they include you in activity headcounts.
Deadline to reserve a site was October 1st.
Chapter members will receive $5 per person credit (max of $10 per coach) toward the estimated rally fee of $48 per person. The per person rally fee covers group meals and activities identified as “included” in the below agenda.
The resort is considered the finest coastal resort in the country and has been rated in the top 15 resorts in the country from different sources. Hilton Head Island Motorcoach Resort is rated 10/10/10 in all Campground books.
- 50 miles of bike trails on an island that's area is 12 miles X 5 miles
- 60 restaurants within a half a mile
- One mile to the beach that you can ride bikes on
- A vast array of activities including tennis, pickle ball, shuffleboard, ping pong, heated pool, and hot tub
- And many other options for your enjoyment
The final agenda was distributed to attendees, by email from the hosts, on October 2nd. Please refer to below for rally fees.
Schedule of Activities
Wed. Oct. 11 –
Ø Arrival day – Pick up goodie bag at office when registering.
Ø 5-6 PM – Happy Hour Social in clubhouse. BYOB
· Pay rally fee at social. Cash or check payable to Don Beck.
· $43 per person for chapter members (limit 2 per coach at this price). $48 per person for non-members; and, $48 for each additional occupant of a two-person member coach.
Ø 6-7 PM – Join resort owners for a light dinner in the clubhouse.
· Meal included in rally fee.
· Bring your own optional adult beverage.
Ø 7-8:30PM – Team Trivia Night with your hosts Don and Debbie Beck.
· Activity included in rally fee.
Thurs. Oct. 12
Ø 8:30-9:30AM – Continental Breakfast with Juice.
· Bring your own coffee in your favorite cup.
· Edibles and juice included in rally fee.
Ø 9:30AM – Review of things to do on Hilton Head Island; presented by Activity Director, Alex.
Ø Remainder of day is on your own to explore the island or visit Savannah. (1 hr. drive)
Ø Salty Dog Sunset Cruise from 5:30 – 7:00
A trolley will pick up half of us at 4:30 and the other half at 5:00 from the Clubhouse parking lot.
Cruise and transportation included in rally fee.
Drinks and appetizers can be purchased on the cruise.
You are on your own for dinner afterward.
Fri. Oct. 13
Ø 9:30 – Depart in carpool for walking tour of Honey Horn Coastal Discovery Museum led by Activity Director, Alex. Estimated to conclude before 11AM.
· Included in rally fee.
Ø Remainder of mid-day is on your own to explore the Island.
Ø 5:30 Social in the lower clubhouse. Bring your own beverage and light snack to share.
ØDinner on your own
Sat. Oct 14
Ø Breakfast Buffet 9:00 - 10:00 in Clubhouse.
Features: Scrambled Eggs, Assorted Breakfast Meat, Breakfast Potato, Waffles,
Orange Juice, Coffee, Tea. $6.50. (Not in included in rally fee but members will receive a per person discount TBA)
Ø Remainder of day to explore the island on your own.
· Bring or rent bikes to explore the 50 miles of bike trails. Beach is a mile away and bikes can be ridden on the beach.
Ø 5-6 PM – Happy Hour Social in the clubhouse – BYOB
Ø 6-PM – Catered dinner in the clubhouse. Menu is Roast Pork Tenderloin, Chicken Cordon Blue or Crab Stuffed
Flounder, Salad, Twice Baked Potato, a Veggie, Peach Cobbler.
· Included in the rally fee.
· Bring your own optional adult beverage
Sun. Oct. 15