Hilton Head Island, SC October 12, 2016
This event was cancelled effective 10/8/16 as a result of Hurricane Matthew.
Hilton Head Island Motorcoach Resort
133 Arrow Road
Hilton Head Island, SC 29228
Four rally nights beginning October 12, 2016
Call (843) 785-7699 to reserve your site at this 10/10/10 rated resort
Be sure to mention "Tiffin Travelers Rally" to get the reduced rate of $54.39 per night (includes taxes)
Arrive early and/or stay late at this preferred rate
Rally hosts are Don and Debra Beck, firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember to email them of your arrival and departure dates to ensure they include you in activity headcounts.
Deadline to reserve a site is October 1st.
Chapter members will receive $10 per coach credit (assuming 2 members in a coach) toward the estimated rally fee of $48 per person. The per person rally fee covers group meals and activities identified as “included” in the below agenda.
The resort is considered the finest coastal resort in the country and has been rated in the top 15 resorts in the country from different sources. Hilton Head Island Motorcoach Resort is rated 10/10/10 in all Campground books.
- 50 miles of bike trails on an island that's area is 12 miles X 5 miles
- 60 restaurants within a half a mile
- One mile to the beach that you can ride bikes on
- A vast array of activities including tennis, pickle ball, shuffleboard, ping pong, heated pool, and hot tub
- And many other options for your enjoyment
Schedule of Activities
Wed. Oct. 12 –
Ø Arrival day – Pick up goodie bag at office when registering.
Ø 5-6 PM – Happy Hour Social in clubhouse. BYOB & light snack to share.
· Pay rally fee at social. Cash or check payable to Don Beck.
· $37 per person for members. $42 per person for non-members; and, $42 for each additional occupant of a two-person member coach.
Ø 6-7 PM – Join resort owners for a light dinner in the clubhouse.
· Meal included in rally fee.
· Bring your own optional adult beverage.
Ø 7-8:30PM – Team Trivia Night with your hosts Don and Debbie Beck.
· Activity included in rally fee.
Thurs. Oct. 13
Ø 8:30-9:30AM – Continental Breakfast with Juice.
· Bring your own coffee in your favorite cup.
· Edibles and juice included in rally fee.
Ø 9:30AM – Review of things to do on Hilton Head Island; presented by Activity Director, Alex.
Ø Remainder of day is on your own to explore the island or visit Savannah. (1 hr. drive)
Ø 5-6 PM – Happy Hour in clubhouse. BYOB & light snack to share.
Ø Dinner is on your own. There are many excellent dining choices nearby.
Fri. Oct. 14
Ø 9:30 – Depart in carpool for walking tour of Honey Horn Coastal Discovery Museum led by Activity Director, Alex. Estimated to conclude before 11AM.
· Included in rally fee.
Ø Remainder of mid-day is on your own to explore the Island.
Ø Meet in Resort parking lot (time to be determined – approx. 4PM) to obtain car pass to Sea Pines Plantation. Access is $6 if you do not have a car pass.
Ø Depart in carpools (time to be determined) for short drive to South Beach Marina for Sunset Boat Cruise.
· Boat Cruise included in rally fee.
· Cocktails and appetizers are available for purchase onboard.
Ø Dinner on your own
Sat. Oct 15
Ø 9:30– Sports morning. Learn/play Pickle Ball, Tennis, Shuffleboard, or Corn Hole.
· Optional and included in the rally fee.
Ø Remainder of day to explore the island on your own.
· Bring or rent bikes to explore the 50 miles of bike trails. Beach is a mile away and bikes can be ridden on the beach.
Ø 5-6 PM – Happy Hour Social in the clubhouse – BYOB and light snack to share
Ø 6-PM – Catered dinner in the clubhouse.
· Included in the rally fee.
· Bring your own optional adult beverage
Ø After dinner – Optional no-fee games or socializing
Sun. Oct. 16